Based on the award-winning Peugeot Rifter, the new e-Rifter features a 100kw (136hp) electric powertrain. Connected to a 50kWh battery, the e-Rifter achieves up to 171 miles from a single charge under WLTP testing. With a top speed of 83mph, the e-Rifter can accelerate from 0-62mph in 11.2-seconds.
This new model is available in five and seven-seat configurations. With a towing capacity of up to 750kg and up to 4,000-litres of boot space, the e-Rifter is ideal for both families and fleet users looking for a practical zero emissions vehicle.
The e-Rifter comes standard with a 7.4kW single-phase charger and with an optional 11kW three-phase charger. Supporting a variety of charging methods, the e-Rifter can be charged using wallbox or 100kW rapid charging. A full charge from a 7.4kW Wallbox will take 7.5 hours, or five hours using the optional 11kW three-phase charger. Supporting rapid charging, 0 to 80% charge can be completed in just 30 minutes using a 100kWh rapid charger.
Using the MyPEUGEOT® smartphone app, owners can schedule delayed charging to take advantage of off-peak electricity tariffs.
The e-Rifter also comes with three driving modes and two regenerative braking modes to optimise battery range and vehicle performance.
- Eco (60 kW/180 Nm): Optimises vehicle range.
- Normal (80 kW/220 Nm): Ideal for daily use.
- Power (100 kW/260 Nm): Optimises vehicle performance.
Drivers can also pick between two regenerative braking modes:
- Moderate: This is similar to the feeling in normal internal combustion vehicles when lifting off the throttle.
- Increased: Accessed from the “B” button on the gearbox control unit, this increases the regenerative braking when lifting off the throttle.
All e-Rifter models also come with an electronic parking brake as standard.
The e-Rifter comes with Peugeot’s innovative digital i-Cockpit® interior, and is available with both a digital instrument panel and a digital central display – the first in the segment. The 8-inch touchscreen gives buyers access to a dedicated ‘Electric’ menu where they can view live energy flows when driving, energy efficiency and charge status. Drivers can also set delayed charging through the central touchscreen, while public charging points are highlighted in the navigation menu.
For full smartphone compatibility, the e-Rifter comes standard with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.
To ensure the safety of drivers, passengers and other road users, the e-Rifter is available with the latest driver aids and safety features, including:
- Keyless Entry & Start (Peugeot Open & Go)
- Advanced Grip Control with five grip levels
- Hill Start Assist
- Visiopark 180° (reversing camera)
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Automatic Collision Alert
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Driver Attention Alert
- Automatic Smartbeam Assist
- Speed Sign Recognition and Recommendation
- Blind Spot Monitoring System
- Trailer Stability Control System
To ensure pedestrian safety, the e-Rifter emits an audible signal to indicate its presence when driving at speeds below 18mph.
The new Peugeot e-Rifter is available in Standard or Long variants, with Standard models measuring 4.40m long, and Long variants measuring 4.75m. All variants have an external height of 1.90m and thanks to a specially adapted power steering system, have an agile turning circle of just 10.8m.
Compared to the standard Rifter, the e-Rifter features distinct styling features to ensure it stands out, including an ‘e-RIFTER’ monogram on the back, large 16-inch wheels and a load hatch on the left rear fender.
Each variant is available with a five or seven-seat configuration. For added practicality, the second row of seats comes with Peugeot’s ‘Magic Flat’ feature, meaning each seat can be slid up or down the cabin, folded, or fully removed from the vehicle.
The 50kWh lithium-ion battery is cleverly located underneath the floor, resulting in no compromise over boot and cabin space compared to the standard Rifter. Boot space ranges from 775-litres for the five-seat Standard length variant up to 4,000-litres with the seats folded on Long variants.
The e-Rifter is available with a number of very generous and easily accessible storage compartments for added practicality, adding up to 186-litres of additional storage capacity. These storage spaces are located throughout the passenger compartment on the centre console, in the overhead storage compartment, in the door panels and in the boot.
Unique for the segment is the wide tailgate that includes an opening rear window. This practical feature gives access to the boot without opening the tailgate itself. The e-Rifter is also capable of towing up to 750kg and comes with trailer stability technology that reduces vehicle speed when it detects the trailer swerving.
All vehicles come with a certificate of battery capacity after each service to give owners a piece of mind, with the lithium-ion battery guaranteed by an eight-year/100,000-miles warranty for 70% of its original charge capacity.
Available later in 2021, the e-Rifter will be available in two trim choices:
- Allure Premium models come standard with Peugeot’s i-Cockpit® digital with a 8-inch central touchscreen, Roof Rails, VisioPark 1 (including Rear Parking Sensors and 180° coloured rear camera), opening rear window and 16-inch aluminium wheels.
- GT models come with 17-inch aluminium wheels, bespoke GT styling elements, individual rear seats, and Peugeot Open and Go.