GRIDSERVE and Moto have announced that two new Electric Super Hubs at Moto Washington North and South on the A1(M) are now open for easy, convenient and reliable charging on one of the UK’s busiest motorways. Each of the Electric Super Hubs have six 350kW-capable High Power chargers, joining the GRIDSERVE Electric Highway network of 160+ locations.
To make it as easy as possible for customers to charge their EV, all GRIDSERVE Electric Hubs feature both CCS and CHAdeMO connectors, accept contactless payment and provide real-time status updates to a myriad of popular EV charging maps. The chargers are powered by 100% net zero carbon energy from the company’s pioneering hybrid solar + battery farms, supporting GRIDSERVE’s purpose to move the needle on climate change.
Since 2021, the partnership has delivered over 320 EV charging points with 142 of those being High Power EV charging points across 18 locations. GRIDSERVE and Moto are committed to levelling up EV charging infrastructure across the UK as electric vehicle ownership continues to rapidly increase before the ban on new petrol and diesel cars in 2030.
Along with GRIDSERVE’s world-leading Electric Forecourts® in Norwich and Braintree with a third due at Gatwick Airport in 2023, this latest Electric Super Hub cements GRIDSERVE’s commitment to expanding and strengthening the GRIDSERVE Electric Highway.
Toddington Harper, CEO of GRIDSERVE, said: “We are thrilled to open our next Electric Super Hubs at both Washington North and Southbound. As the demand for electric vehicles and charging increases, it is vital we continue this pace to roll out the installation of High Power chargers to support EV drivers and those making the switch to electric. We look forward to continuing our expansion and installing hundreds more High Power chargers across the network.”
Moto Chief Executive, Ken McMeikan said: “As the largest UK Motorway Services Operator, we are continuing our mission to transform the UK’s rest stop experience and reducing range anxiety by revolutionising the EV charging experience for motorists on motorways is at the heart of our plans. We’re delighted to be able to continue our roll-out of the High Power charging Hubs and we will be opening many more hubs at our Motorway Service Areas across the country throughout the remainder of this year.”
Currently there are High Power GRIDSERVE Electric Super Hubs located at the following Moto service areas:
· Moto Rugby (11 High Power chargers)
· Moto Swansea (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Exeter (12 High Power chargers)
· Moto Burton-in-Kendal (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Thurrock (12 High Power chargers)
· Moto Severn View (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Heston (11 High Power chargers)
· Moto Wetherby (12 High Power chargers)
· Moto Woolley Edge Northbound (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Woolley Edge Southbound (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Leigh Delamere (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Reading Eastbound (12 High Power chargers)
· Moto Pease Pottage (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Reading Westbound (12 High Power chargers)
· Moto Cherwell Valley (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Washington Northbound (6 High Power chargers)
· Moto Washington Southbound (6 High Power chargers)